* Inmediately on arrival on the bridge has the Pilot been informed of the ship’s heading, speed, engine setting and draught?
* Has the Pilot been informed of the location of livesavings appliances for his use?
* Have details of the proposed passage plan been discussed with the Pilot and agreed with the Master, including:
– Radio communications and reporting requirements
– Bridge watch and crew satand-by arrangements
– Deployment and use of tugs
– Berthing/anchoring arrangements
– Expected traffic during transit
– Pilot change-over arrangement
– Fender requirements
– Has a completed Pilot Card been handed to the Pilot been referred to the wheelhouse poster?
– Have the responsabilities within the bridge team for the pilotage been defined and are they clearly understood?
– Has the language to be used on the bridge between the Ship, the Pilot and the Shore been agreed?
– Are the progress of the ship and execution of orders being monitored by the Master and OOW
– Are the correct lights, flags and shapes being displayed?