* In preparing the passage for arrival in port, has the pre-pilotage information exchange taken place?
* Has the passage plan been updated following receipt of the shore to ship Pilot/Master Exchange form and all latest navigational warnings?
* Has the ETA been sent with all relevant information required by local regulations?
* Is it necessary to rearrange cargo ballast?
* Has the following equipment been prepared and checked?
– Course and engine movement records
– Clock synchronisation
– Communications with the E/R control and mooring stations
– Signalling equipment, including:
– Deck lighting
– Mooring winches and lines including heaving lines
– Pressure on fire main
– Anchors cleared away
– Stabiliers and log tubes housed
– Has the steering gear been tested, and has manual steering been engaged in sufficient time for the helmsman to become accostumed before manoeuvring commences?
– Have the engines been tested and prepared for manoeuvring?
– Has the Pilot Card been completed and are the Pilot embarkation arrangements?
– Have VHF channels for the various services been noted and radio check carried out?
– Has the Port been made fully aware of any special berthing requirements that the ship may have?
– Other check.