- Has a passage plan for the intended voyage
- Has the following equipment inspected, prepared and ready for use:
– Bridge movement book / course and Engine Room recorder.
– Echo sounder.
– Electronic navigational position fixing systems.
– Gyro/magnetic compass and repeaters.
– Speed/distance recorder.
Has the following equipment been tested, synchronised and found ready for use:
– Bridge and E/R telegraphs, including:
Emergency Engine stops.
Thruster controls and indicators.
Controllable pitch propeller controls.
– Communications facilities, including:
Bridge to E/R comm.
Bridge to mooring stations comm.
VHF communications with Port Authority.
– Navigation and signal lights, including:
– Sound signalling apparatus, including:
– Steering gear, including:
Emergency changeover arrangements
Is the ship secure for sea?
– Cargo and cargo handling equipment secure
– All hull openings secure and watertight
– Cargo/passenger details available
– Stability and draught information available
– Are all the crew on board and all shore personnel ashore
– Are the pilot disembarkation arrangements in place