- Have the master, E/R and crew been informed of the conditions.
– Have all movable objects been secured aboce and below decks, particularly in E/R, galley and in storerooms.
– Has the ship’s accommodation been secured and all ports and deadlights closed.
– Have all weather deck openings been secured.
– Has the crew been warned to avoid upper devk areas made dangerous by the weather.
– Have safety lines/hand ropes been rigged when necessary.
- Have instructions been issued on the following matters?
– Monitoring weather reports
– Transmitting weather reports to the appropiate authorities or, in the case of tropical storms, danger messages in accordance with SOLAS.
– Other checks.