- Has the following equipment been checked to ensure it is fully operational?
– Radar, ARPA or other plotting facilities.
– Fog signalling apparatus.
– Navigation lights.
– Echo sounder, if in shallow waters.
– Watertight doors, if fitted.
– Have look-out(s) been posted and is a helmsman on stand-by.
– Have the captain and E/R been informed, and engines put on stand-by.
– Are COLREGS being complied with, particularly with regard to rule 19 and proceeding at a safe speed?
– Is the ship ready to reduce speed, stop or turn away from danger.
– If the ship’s position is in doubt has the possibility of anchoring been considerd.
– Other checks: