- Is keeping a look-out being given due priority?
– Are NAVAREA, HYDROLANT and HYDROPAC navigational warning broadcasts and other long-range weather reports being closely monitored?
– Are changes to the local weather being monitored and is the barometer regularly observed?
– Is participation in area reporting systems (e.g. AMVER) recommended?
– Is the ship’s position being fixed at regular intervals
– Are celestial navigational techniques being practised
– Are gyro/magnetic compass errors and radar perfomance being regularly checked
– Have radar techniques been practised (in clear visibility)?
– Have preparations been made for landfall
– Have measures been taken to protect the enviroment from pollution by the ship and to comply with applicable pollution regulation
– Other checks.